Thursday, January 5, 2012

Musing over Mailboxes

Like you, I've seen many an altered mailbox all over the stamping sites.  I've scoured local Target stores in vain........until this past weekend!!!  I think my DH is now convinced I'm nuts when I let out a little squeek when I finally came across them.

I pondered for a few days over what I should do with it, now that I hand it in my mitts.  Paper and Such is coming out with an adorable little Valentine's set called Bitty Love and *lightbulb moment* that was it!  Now which image.............  Again, I wanted to do something different, so I chose the rock, but.......I didn't just want any plain old coloring.  More pondering and it hit me!  Polished Stone technique!  HA!

Now I will admit that it didn't turn out quite as good as I saw it in my head, but for my first one, I think I did pretty darn good!  I would love to hear your comments and maybe have you link ones that you've created.


Project details:
Stamps - Bitty Love - PAS
Cardstock - SU
Accessories - rhinestones, ribbon, dsp and LOTS of Modge Podge
Technique on image - Polished Stone (view instructions HERE)

2 comments:

Naomi said...

WOW, what a cool idea, Mindy! LOVE the colours and patterns! Just beautiful!

Naomi
xoxo

Suzanne @ Day to Day said...

Very cute & I love the colors.